Monday, August 11, 2008

this is my confession...

I love the Olympics. Probably more than that, growing up it was an absolute obsession. The whole family participates in this obsession, but my mom and I are the worst.

One year, our family went on vacation to Tennessee and planned our day excursions so that we could be home in time to watch the olympics. Sad, I know.

So, the olympics began on Friday. I was at a wedding in waco. Saturday I had inservice and a friend's graduation. Sunday I had church and two different parties. What's a girl to do!?!
Thank God for TIVO!

I now tivo all the olympics (which, mind you, is close to 14 hours of coverage a day!!!) and have become a pro at watching nine hours of coverage in one hour! :) How is that possible, you ask? Well, let me tell you. First off, you should know that my favorite sports are swimming, diving, and gymnastics for the summer games. I like the others, but those are my faves.

Cycling is way more fun at 15x speed!
So is basketball, water polo, and volleyball.
Sometimes if 15x isn't enough, I bump it up to 30x or 60x. So, I see enough to know what's going on, but I don't really watch the whole game. I'll stop if it looks exciting, but other than that, I'm just monitoring and fast forwarding! (Ironically, outside of the Olympics, I *love* to watch basketball... during the Mavericks heyday, I frequently stayed up late watching my boys. There's just so many sports to watch, that this girl's gotta prioritize!)

Swimming is calculated- I watch that almost all the way through, except for the 400m ones. First I watch the setup (where they show who's in what lane), then I fast forward through the first six laps and watch the last two laps in real time. It's quite fun.

No comments: