Wednesday, November 7, 2007

spinning wheels...

Do you ever feel like a hamster on a wheel spinning your wheels yet going nowhere? That pretty much sums up my life right now. Two or three days a week I walk outside to find the sun has gone down and my car is the only one out there besides the janitors. And yet, I feel like I have absolutely nothing to show for it. My room is still a mess, my planning is still not done, there's a stack of paper a foot high of papers I need to grade. It's just so disheartening.

I get home and just can not bring myself to even look at my work. I cart it to and from work all too often without touching it. It's just hard.

Don't get me wrong- I have a great job. For the most part, the kids are great. They are sweet and eager to learn. They do have quite a bit more mood swings than I am used to, but overall, they are survivors. I love watching them show their attitude.

It's just a lot of change and adaptations when I really didn't ask for it.

No comments: